Friday 2 October 2009

Manchester Youth Theatre again

So these are the second batch from 1992, and I'll look at doing some from another year next time. Hope you enjoy. The first is a general view of the whole cast/technical crew etc which was traditionally taken in the first week.  What is great about this is that you can see Geoff Sykes (half way up on left, stood in front of end of the stone rail), but I can't see Hazel anywhere.



The next photo is of the wonderful Benny Rothman, with Mike Harding and the cast of one of the plays from that year which was based on the mass trespass of Kinder Scout
And finally a couple of rehearsal photographs










7 comments:

  1. Hazel, if I remember correctly is in the same place as Geoff, but on the opposite side - just where she is on the 1991 shot.
    Thanks
    Ceri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think you're right Ceri - just looked and there she is. If I get a chance I'll try and blow up parts of the shot that show them in some more detail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gordon, just wondering if it's possible to get a couple of larger copies of the top two photographs? I'm in the second one down and it sure does bring back a few memories, unfortunately I have no other photos of that summer.
    Regards

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben, sorry only just seen this - let me know if you get this and still want the photos - email gsmphot@aol.com. I've also just loaded a stack of MYT stuff on this link with more to follow:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/49627256@N00/sets/72157636594757935/

      Delete
  4. Helen Wingrave2 March 2016 at 21:32

    I am on that top photo. 3 rows up, second from the right...flinging my head back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen Wingrave2 March 2016 at 21:36

    Would it be possible to get a copy of that photo please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was taken outside of Ellen Wilkinson High School

    ReplyDelete